lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CustomScoreQueryWithSubqueries
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 19:52:58 GMT
On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Fernando Wasylyszyn
<ferwasy@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> Hi everyone. My name is Fernando and I am a researcher and developer in the
> R+D lab at Snoop Consulting S.R.L. in Argentina.
> Based on the patch suggested in LUCENE-1608
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1608) and in the needs of one
> of our customers, for who we are developing a customized search engine on
> top of Lucene and Solr, we have developed the class
> CustomScoreQueryWithSubqueries, which is a variation of CustomScoreQuery
> that allows the use of arbitrary Query objects besides instances of
> ValueSourceQuery, without the need of wrapping the arbitrary/ies query/ies
> with the QueryValueSource proposed in Jira, which has the disadvantage of
> create an instance of an IndexSearcher in each invocation of the method
> getValues(IndexReader).
> If you think that this contribution can be useful for the Lucene community,
> please let me know the steps in order to contribute.

Hi Fernando: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1608 is
still an open issue.

If you have a better solution, please don't hesitate to upload a patch
file to the issue!
There are some more detailed instructions here:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/HowToContribute