lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark David" <MDa...@searchtechnologies.com>
Subject RE: starting with the demo
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 02:37:51 GMT
Ah, I see that the target exists in the distribution download, but not in the SVN checkout,
so I suspect that the instructions for making the demo are different for the two cases and
not the same as indicated on the demo page mentioned.

From: Mark David [mailto:MDavid@searchtechnologies.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 3:43 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: starting with the demo

Hey, Lucenesters,
I'm just getting started developing with Solr/Lucene.  I successfully checked out the code
from SVN and built it using "ant".
However, the demo page (http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_0_3/demo.html) says that I should
be able to run "ant war-demo", but there is no target with that name in the build.xml file,
and no war files were generated by my regular build.

Are these instructions out-of-date?  Or am I doing something bone-headed?

MARK DAVID
Technical Consultant

SEARCH TECHNOLOGIES
THE EXPERT IN THE SEARCH SPACE