lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Busch <busch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HUDSON] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk - Build # 5336 - Failure
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2011 22:02:41 GMT
Well, after LUCENE-2881 assigning the same fieldNumber to the same
fieldName across segments is best effort - not guaranteed anymore.  It
looks like in most cases it works fine, just very rarely we get
different field numbers.  I don't see how we can improve the best
effort, because I don't think we can assign field numbers on flush (like
codecIDs)?

So the assert might be too strict now.  It'd be good to disable the
assert and see if the test still fails.  I can't do that right now, but
later tonight...

  Michael