lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Wasylyszyn <ferw...@yahoo.com.ar>
Subject CustomScoreQueryWithSubqueries
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 19:37:15 GMT
Hi everyone. My name is Fernando and I am a researcher and developer in the R+D
lab at Snoop Consulting S.R.L. in Argentina.
Based on the patch suggested in LUCENE-1608
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1608) and in the needs of one of
our customers, for who we are developing a customized search engine on top of
Lucene and Solr, we have developed the class CustomScoreQueryWithSubqueries,
which is a variation of CustomScoreQuery that allows the use of arbitrary Query
objects besides instances of ValueSourceQuery, without the need of wrapping the
arbitrary/ies query/ies with the QueryValueSource proposed in Jira, which has
the disadvantage of create an instance of an IndexSearcher in each invocation of
the method getValues(IndexReader).
If you think that this contribution can be useful for the Lucene community,
please let me know the steps in order to contribute.
Thanks.
Regards.
Fernando.