lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: Should ASCIIFoldingFilter be deprecated?
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 03:51:41 GMT
AFAIK, ISOLatin1AccentFilter was deprecated because ASCIIFoldingFilter provides a superset
of it mappings.

I haven't done any benchmarking, but I'm pretty sure that ASCIIFoldingFilter can achieve a
significantly higher throughput rate than MappingCharFilter, and given that, it probably makes
sense to keep both, to allow people to make the choice about the tradeoff between the flexibility
provided by the human-readable (and editable) mapping file and the speed provided by ASCIIFoldingFilter.

Steve