lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mark Miller <>
Subject Re: wind down for 3.1?
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 16:20:12 GMT

On Feb 3, 2011, at 11:00 AM, Robert Muir wrote:

> Hello,
> Per Shai's previous note, we decided we wanted to work towards a 3.1
> release (he mentioned a target date of march 1, don't think this will
> happen)
> Despite this, I propose we do a 'casual freeze' on the 3.x code base
> in 7 days time, in other words we agree for a few weeks we will focus
> on bugs and tests only in branch_3x and try to shorten, not length the
> list of issues in JIRA (unless these issues are bugs!).
> The reason I say this, versus creating a release branch right now, is
> that I think we should take advantage of our stable branch (branch_3x)
> and avoid branching until the last minute: when we are ready to make
> an RC.
> I think any features/improvements that cannot be done in 7 days should
> really wait for 3.2 instead... and we shouldn't wait a year for that
> one to release either... we have a stable branch, lets take advantage
> of it.
> So, please let me know your opinions on this proposal, if there is
> consensus, then in 7 days I will move all non-bug/non-test 3.1 issues
> to 3.2.
> And of course, trunk would be unaffected by all of this... we should
> never freeze trunk. I would suggest we just delay backporting of new
> features developed in trunk during this process, keeping their jira
> issues open and set for Fix Version 3.2
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> For additional commands, e-mail:

- Mark Miller

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message