lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Prasad Deshpande (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (SOLR-2346) Non UTF-8 Text files having other than english texts(Japanese/Hebrew) are no getting indexed correctly.
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 05:53:29 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2346?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Prasad Deshpande updated SOLR-2346:
-----------------------------------

    Attachment: sample_jap_non_UTF-8.txt
                sample_jap_UTF-8.txt

I have verified use case using attached files.

> Non UTF-8 Text files having other than english texts(Japanese/Hebrew) are no getting
indexed correctly.
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-2346
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2346
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: contrib - Solr Cell (Tika extraction)
>    Affects Versions: 1.4.1
>         Environment: Solr 1.4.1, Packaged Jetty as servlet container, Windows XP SP1,
Machine is booted in Japanese Locale.
>            Reporter: Prasad Deshpande
>            Priority: Critical
>         Attachments: sample_jap_UTF-8.txt, sample_jap_non_UTF-8.txt
>
>
> I am able to successfully index/search non-Engilsh files (like Hebrew, Japanese) which
was encoded in UTF-8. However, When I tried to index data which was encoded in local encoding
like Big5 for Japanese I could not see the desired results. The contents after indexing looked
garbled for Big5 encoded document when I searched for all indexed documents. When I index
attached non utf-8 file it indexes in following way
> - <result name="response" numFound="1" start="0">
> - <doc>
> - <arr name="attr_content">
>   <str>�� ������</str>
>   </arr>
> - <arr name="attr_content_encoding">
>   <str>Big5</str>
>   </arr>
> - <arr name="attr_content_language">
>   <str>zh</str>
>   </arr>
> - <arr name="attr_language">
>   <str>zh</str>
>   </arr>
> - <arr name="attr_stream_size">
>   <str>17</str>
>   </arr>
> - <arr name="content_type">
>   <str>text/plain</str>
>   </arr>
>   <str name="id">doc2</str>
>   </doc>
>   </result>
>   </response>
> Here you said it index file in UTF8 however it seems that non UTF8 file gets indexed
in Big5 encoding.
> Here I tried fetching indexed data stream in Big5 and converted in UTF8.
> String id = (String) resulDocument.getFirstValue("attr_content");
>             byte[] bytearray = id.getBytes("Big5");
>             String utf8String = new String(bytearray, "UTF-8");
> It does not gives expected results.
> When I index UTF-8 file it indexes like following
> - <doc>
> - <arr name="attr_content">
>   <str>マイ ネットワーク</str>
>   </arr>
> - <arr name="attr_content_encoding">
>   <str>UTF-8</str>
>   </arr>
> - <arr name="attr_stream_content_type">
>   <str>text/plain</str>
>   </arr>
> - <arr name="attr_stream_name">
>   <str>sample_jap_unicode.txt</str>
>   </arr>
> - <arr name="attr_stream_size">
>   <str>28</str>
>   </arr>
> - <arr name="attr_stream_source_info">
>   <str>myfile</str>
>   </arr>
> - <arr name="content_type">
>   <str>text/plain</str>
>   </arr>
>   <str name="id">doc2</str>
>   </doc>
> So, I can index and search UTF-8 data.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

       

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message