lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Karich <peat...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Let's drop Maven Artifacts !
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:32:36 GMT
 Why not vote for or against 'maven artifacts'?

http://www.doodle.com/2qp35b42vstivhvx

I'm using lucene+solr a lot times via maven.
Elasticsearch uses lucene via gradle.
Solandra uses lucene via ivy and so on ;)
So maven artifacts are not only very handy for maven folks.
But I think no artifacts would be better than broken ones.

Why not trying to 'switch' to ivy build system? It's ant but handles
dependencies better IMO.

Regards,
Peter.

> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Jan 18, 2011, at 12:13 PM, Robert Muir wrote:
>>
>>> I can't help but remind myself, this is the same argument Oracle
>>> offered up for the whole reason hudson debacle
>>> (http://hudson-labs.org/content/whos-driving-thing)
>>>
>>> Declaring that I have a secret pocket of users that want XYZ isn't
>>> open source consensus.
>>

>> You were very quick to cite your own secret pocket of users when you called those
who support it the "vocal minority".  So, if you want to continue baiting the discussion we
can, but as I see it, we have committers willing to support it, so what's the big deal?