lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Let's drop Maven Artifacts !
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:06:44 GMT

On Jan 18, 2011, at 3:55 PM, Robert Muir wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>> On Jan 18, 2011, at 12:13 PM, Robert Muir wrote:
>>
>>> I can't help but remind myself, this is the same argument Oracle
>>> offered up for the whole reason hudson debacle
>>> (http://hudson-labs.org/content/whos-driving-thing)
>>>
>>> Declaring that I have a secret pocket of users that want XYZ isn't
>>> open source consensus.
>>

>> You were very quick to cite your own secret pocket of users when you called those
who support it the "vocal minority".  So, if you want to continue baiting the discussion we
can, but as I see it, we have committers willing to support it, so what's the big deal?

> I don't think they are that secret, you can look at the last maven
> discussion and see several other committers who spoke up against it.
> they are just sick of the discussion i gather and have given up
> fighting it.

Wow, so who is the vocal minority now?

> The problem again, is the magical special artifacts.
>
> I dont see consensus here for maven... when you have it, get back to me.

As I see, it you have you, Shai and Miller (and Yonik, likely from the last go around).  On
the Maven side, you have me, Steve, McKinley and Busch, plus some users/contributors.

In other words, I don't see consensus for dropping it.  When you have it, get back to me.