lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: dismax and mm, number format exception
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 01:00:06 GMT
: I'm playing with dismax and the mm parameter. Actually, configuring it in
: solrconfig.xml. Starting simply, I just put 2 in, then I auto-formatted the
: xml now it looks like:
: <str>
:     2
: </str>
:
: When executing this, I get a number format exception at
: o.a.solr.util.SolrPluginUtils.calculateMinShouldMatch
: (SolrPluginUtils.java:625)

Ouch.

Off the top of my head, i don't know why that would happen -- but we
should definitely fix it.

off the top of my head i would suspect that if indexOf("<") is found the
parsing code trims the string; and if it's not it's assumed to be a number
(forgetting that there might be leading whitespace that needs trimmed)

-Hoss