lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Li Li <fancye...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: strange problem of PForDelta decoder
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 02:59:29 GMT
great improvement!
I did a test in our data set. doc count is about 2M+ and index size
after optimization is about 13.3GB(including fdt)
it seems lucene4's index format is better than lucene2.9.3. and PFor
give good results.
Besides BlockEncoder for frq and pos. is there any other modification
for lucene 4?

       decoder    \ avg time     single word(ms)          and
query(ms)     or query(ms)
  VINT in lucene 2.9                   11.2
36.5                 38.6
  VINT in lucene 4 branch           10.6
26.5                 35.4
  PFor in lucene 4 branch             8.1