lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam H." <jimmoe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FieldCache usage for custom field collapse in solr 1.4
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 20:41:30 GMT
Fair enough - I might give it a shot if most functionality is compatible to
solr 1.4.1 to your mind? and is fairly stable?

One last Q regarding correct usage of per-segment FieldCache in Solr
components -

since this is something I might also have issues with elsewhere, and I
suspect other people who work on custom logic as well,
i think it might be useful to have some documentation and/or a simple
programmatic interface for implementing
correct access path to these inside a custom SolrComponent.

I looked around the Grouping code abit and have yet to fully understand
whats going on, but is the ValueSource supposed to take care of access to
underlying field?