lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject LuceneTestCase.threadCleanup incorrectly reports left running threads
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 19:14:47 GMT
Hi

I noticed that some tests report threads are left running, even when those
tests never create and start a Thread. Digging deeper I found out that the
tests report "Signal Dispatcher" and "Attach handler" as two threads that
are left running. If I run the test from eclipse, then a "ReaderThread" and
"Signal Dispatcher" are reported. ReaderThread belongs to JUnit framework
and the other two are initiated by some framework, and definitely not from
our tests.

So I was thinking if instead of reporting those threads, we should inspect
each running Thread's stacktrace and report it only if it contains an
"org.apache.lucene/solr" package. Otherwise it cannot be started from our
tests?

What do you think?

Shai