lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam H." <jimmoe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FieldCache usage for custom field collapse in solr 1.4
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 22:48:18 GMT
So,
summing up all the information i now have, and the fact I have some
additional custom components that use fieldcache,
such that the specific answer for field collapsing by migrating to solr 4.0
is not a complete solution to my problems,

it seems to me more and more like I might have to actually implement a
custom solr QueryComponent, whereby I will pass it
multiple collectors (perhaps via some kind of MultiCollector interface,
similar to Grouping uses) which will do their appropriate field value
collection/aggregation
as results are being fetched.

In other words, using a per-segment fieldcache collection as a
post-processing step (e.g after QueryComponent did its collection) does not
seem at all trivial, if at all possible ( is it possible? )
Is this accurate?

Thanks again for all the info here..

Adam