lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Document aware analyzers was Re: deprecating Versions
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 20:55:13 GMT
On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:

>> Well i have trouble with a few of your examples: "want to use
>> Tee/Sink" doesn't work for me... its a description of an XY problem to
>> me... i've never needed to use it, and its rarely discussed on the
>> user list...
>
> Shrugs.  In my experiments, it can really speed things up when analyzing the same content,
but with different outcomes, or at least it did back before the new API.

<snip>

> For instance, the typical copy field scenario where one has two fields containing the
same content analyzed in slightly different ways.  In many cases, most of the work is exactly
the same (tokenize, lowercase, stopword, stem or not) and yet we have to pass around the string
twice and do almost all of the same work twice all so that we can change one little thing
on the token.

but didnt you just answer your own question? sounds like you just need
to implement copyField in solr with Tee/Sink.