lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl / Cominvent <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: QParserPlugin as jar?
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:14:17 GMT
That was how I expected it to work (and yes, I registered it in solrconfig.xml).
Wonder why it did not work when I tested it, I had to apply the patch and recompile. Guess
I'll have to give it another try.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

On 15. des. 2010, at 19.19, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> On Dec 15, 2010, at 12:47 , Jan Høydahl / Cominvent wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried to package the edismax QParser (SOLR-1553) as a .jar file for inclusion in
an already installed solr1.4.1, and dropped my new jar in SOLR_HOME/lib.
>> However it failed with an exception. It suspect because the patch modifies o.a.s.s.QParserPlugin,
which is already existing on the classpath.

>> Is there a way to dynamically initialize new plugins without statically updating
the QParserPlugin class?

> Yes, you can simply register it in solrconfig.xml:
>
>  <queryParser name="lucene" class="org.apache.solr.search.LuceneQParserPlugin"/>
>
> The QParserPlugin statically registered qparsers are just convenience so those come "built-in"
as registered (though can be overridden by registering a different class with the same name).