lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Busch <busch...@gmail.com>
Subject RT branch status
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2010 08:44:50 GMT
After merging trunk into the RT branch it's finally compiling again and
up-to-date.

Several tests are failing now after the merge (43 out of 1427 are
failing), which is not too surprising, because so many things have
changed (segment-deletes, flush control, termsHash refactoring, removal
of doc stores, etc).

Especially IndexWriter and DocumentsWriter are in a somewhat messy
state, but I wanted to share my current state, so I committed the
merge.  I'll try this week to understand the new changes (especially
deletes) and make them work with the DWPT.  The following areas need work:
  * deletes
  * thread-safety
  * error handling and aborting
  * flush-by-ram (LUCENE-2573)

Also, some tests deadlock.  Not surprisingly either, cause flushcontrol
etc. introduce new synchronized blocks.

Before the merge all tests were passing, except the ones testing
flush-by-ram functionality.  I'll keep working on getting the branch
back into that state again soon.

Help is definitely welcome!  I'd love to get this branch ready so that
we can merge it into trunk as soon as possible.  As Mike's experiments
show having DWPTs will not only be beneficial for RT search, but also
increase indexing performance in general.

  Michael

PS: Thanks for the patience!