lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: Changes Mess
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 04:47:18 GMT
Hi Chris,

On 12/5/2010 at 10:36 PM, Chris Mattman wrote:
> Yep, like you state below JIRA *could* be configured to deal with this.
>
> In all honesty, putting tons of thought and effort into how to precisely
> deal with the changes you specify below might be somewhat overkill.

I think dumping CHANGES.txt in favor of output from a badly misconfigured issue tracking system
would be foolish.

One way to deal with the problem is to stay with CHANGES.txt.  (We've been down this road
before, and this is where we landed in the past.)

Another would be to fix the issue tracking system.

Yet another way would be to declare the problem non-existent and screw our users by insulting
them with a honking great mass of changes without any indication about what they are or how
they are inter-related.  (You won't be surprised at this point, I think, by my -1 to this.)

Steve