lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <>
Subject Re: Changes Mess
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 14:56:54 GMT

> CHANGES file:
> LUCENE-2658: Exceptions while processing term vectors enabled for
> multiple fields could lead to invalid ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsExceptions.
> JIRA description:
> LUCENE-2658: TestIndexWriterExceptions random failure: AIOOBE in
> ByteBlockPool.allocSlice
> So you see the story, i hit a random test failure and just opened an
> issue describing that the test randomly failed.
> Mike then went and fixed it and wrote up a CHANGES.txt entry thats
> significantly better to the users.
> In order for us to use JIRA here, we would have to do a lot of
> JIRA-editing and re-organizing I think, and probably create a lot of
> unnecessary issues.

What's the difference between Mike going and writing up a more informative CHANGES.txt entry
than say updating JIRA with the information from that entry to have a more descriptive title?

Also, besides issue titles, there is also a way to capture anyone that's been involved in
the JIRA cycle (comment, issue created, etc.) as part of the contribution report that's probably
*even more* inclusive than what you guys are currently doing.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246

To unsubscribe, e-mail: