lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Koch <>
Subject Test instance of Gerrit?
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 07:56:27 GMT

the topic of official GIT repos for apache projects has been raised again a
few weeks ago on infrastructure-dev@a.o.[1] However I can't see who is doing
what in which direction over there, if anything is moving at all.

I proposed a draft for a requirements document for the GIT setup and suggested
to give Gerrit a try. There hasn't been a reply however since more than two
weeks. Gerrit is a repository manager developed for the android project and
also used by the repository foundation. It includes patch review, workflow and

Now my question is, whether there's some interest from developers to give
Gerrit a try? In this case, I'd setup a private toy instance and import your
I don't want to shoot anybody from infrastructure-dev@a.o in the back. I just
think it would help to have some hands-on experience so that people can make
better judgements.

Best regards,

Thomas Koch,

To unsubscribe, e-mail: