lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DirectSolrSpellCheckerTest failure
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2010 12:02:48 GMT
On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 6:55 AM, Shai Erera <serera@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm .. I previously ran the test w/ IBM's JDK (6) and after seeing your
> mail, I tried w/ Oracle's (6) -- to my surprise the latter succeeds.
>
> What happens in the test that the JDK version can affect?
>

After testing, It seems to be an issue only with solr tests.

When solr indexes, it seems the order of the fields being indexed is
not well-defined. Perhaps they are using some iterator with undefined
order to iterate over the fields.

I didnt mess with this, instead i changed RandomCodecProvider to be
insensitive to the order of fields being added.
In other words, say you have "fieldA" and "fieldB".
If RandomCodecProvider wants to assign "Pulsing" to fieldA, and
"Standard" to fieldB, this will always happen, regardless of whether
you add fieldA before fieldB, or vice versa.

Now i get the same codec mapping for solr tests with the same seed,
across different jvms...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message