lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Lucene-Solr-tests-only-3.x - Build # 1950 - Failure
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 19:20:01 GMT
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Michael McCandless
<lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
> I ran my while(1) test for 4.5 hours and no failure!
>
> The failure is odd... because the test had just tested TermRangeFilter
> w/ includeUpper and includeLower both true, and it passed (10001
> matches).
>
> Then it runs same query, but changing includeUpper to false, expecting
> 10000 matches, but it got only 9999.
>
> So in both cases it's running identical code except for the one if
> that checks for !includeUpper so it's hard to see how it could be
> different the 2nd time.
>
> I think this could be a JRE bug...

Or just a test bug?
I took a very quick look at the test... and it looks like the range is
over a random field - hence there's no reason to think that the upper
bound matched exactly one doc?  If the upper bound value matched more
than one doc, then you would see this failure?

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com