lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Field Collapse backport for Solr 1.4 (1.4.1)?
Date Sat, 27 Nov 2010 00:21:30 GMT
It is a hard problem.The old field collapsing JIRA (236) project sat
open and active for 3.5 years without being committed. This
implementation in the trunk is completely different.  It tries to do a
lot of things efficiently and needs systemic changes to Solr and
Lucene. It will take awhile before all the features and problems are
worked out. The "theme" of 3.x is bug fixes and solid features, and
field collapsing does not fall in this category.

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:

> On Nov 23, 2010, at 5:42 PM, Adam H. wrote:
>
>> Is there an easy way of enabling this feature on a stock build of solr 1.4 / 1.4.1
? would very much like to incorporate it without having
>> to carry over all the solr 4.0 trunk..
>
> You could do it yourself, but 1.4.X is bug fix only at this point, so we won't be backporting.
 It will likely be in 3.x, which is roughly the equivalent of 1.5 (since we changed version
numbers).

> -Grant

Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com