lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Will Milspec <will.mils...@gmail.com>
Subject How to checkout by tag via git after the Solr-Lucene merge
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 14:56:16 GMT
Hi all,

I'm a solr user--not a developer--but need to get at the source for a
particular version.

What's the best way to checkout either a branch (e.g. 1.4) or a tag (e.g.
1.4.1 release) in order to patch a solr class in the
post-merge-of-lucene-and-solr?

The apache git repository page lists two solr repository:
   1) git://git.apache.org/lucene-solr.git -- post lucene-solr merge
   2) git://git.apache.org/solr.git -- pre-merge

A quick examination shows that #2 is old and #1 is preferred (i.e.one
pre-merge the other post-merge). However #1 lacks tags for solr

To get the solr 1.4.1 source I did the following:
a) clone the 'old' solr repository (#2 above)
b) checkout the tag release-1.4.1

I just wanted to confirm that according to everyone's expectation:

   a) "old" tags (i.e.1.4.1 and earlier) do not exist in the post-merge
world

  b) if you want "old" solr source go against the old repository

will