lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <>
Subject Re: deprecating Versions
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 18:03:42 GMT
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 12:51 PM, DM Smith <> wrote:
> I'd have to look to be sure: IIRC, Turkish was one. The treatment of 'i' was
> buggy. Russian had it's own encoding that was replaced with UTF-8. The
> QueryParser had bug fixes. There is some effort to migrate away from stemmer
> to snowball, but at least the Dutch one is not "identical".

but none of these broke backwards compatibility, they all respect the
Version constant!
The SnowballAnalyzer respects the version constant for the buggy
turkish lowercasing! If you use VERSION.LUCENE_30 (or less) it wrongly
lowercases so you get your old buggy behavior.

Even the old buggy Dutch stemmer is still there, and if you use
DutchAnalyzer(Version.LUCENE_30) (or less) it stems incorrectly so you
get your old buggy behavior!

The russian was the same way, same with the QueryParser.

So I'm sorry, I am left confused about where the backwards breaks are?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message