lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: solr example synonyms file
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 01:57:57 GMT
On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Lance Norskog <goksron@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just used One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish but I think that has
> license problems.
> Also, the sample should include multi-word left-hand values because they work.

I don't think we should do this... i suggest only using single word
synonyms in the example for performance reasons!

it doesnt really matter how rare they are: even "the quick brown fox"
=> something is terrible, because its going to invoke SynonymFilter's
"slow path" for every single instance of "the".

i know some insist its just an "example" and not defaults, but this
isn't true, else why did this email thread even come up? its used as
"defaults", and we should keep it very fast.