lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <>
Subject Re: Antw.: Solr 1.4.1 Analysis console gives error regarding CharTermAttributeImpl that is not in the target
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 19:19:45 GMT
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Burton-West, Tom <> wrote:
> Sorry about the confusion (my confusion mostly:).   I was actually using revision 1030032
of Lucene/Solr (see below)
> with a custom token filter that does not use CharTermAttribute.  I'll recompile the
custom filter against this revision and verify that the analysis.jsp produces the same results
in a few minutes.

Thanks Tom, this sounds like a good catch then. From your previous
reply, i do think some of the issues discussed in SOLR-2051 could be

As I mentioned there, this analysis.jsp is not well-behaved: it "cross
the tokenstreams", and really I think Uwe's comment at describes the proper solution, where it then is
a well-behaved, more accurate representation of what is going on with

I think this is why you probably don't have any other problems with
your filter, except in this analysis.jsp.

But, it would still be good to check that its not a general bug in
AttributeSource.copyTo, because if so, someone will hit this problem
with SynonymFilter combined with an old TokenStream.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message