lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1032995 - in /lucene/dev/trunk/solr/src/site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/images: solr.jpg solr_FC.eps
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 03:03:46 GMT
I'm with yonik on this one... why would the logo need a tm?

Isn't it already trademarked?

I'm in no rush to make the logo more ugly... for no need.

Is the plan to add tm to all the feather images across apache too?
http://www.apache.org/

but I hate to be a pain in the ass

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Yonik Seeley <yonik@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>> You can read it at http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs
>
> I did - but just because it appears on a web page does not make it
> true.  There have been *many* examples (and still are many examples)
> of things that are on our websites that are not strictly true.
>
>> , which is what I'm following and explains in the first paragraph.  I don't understand
why it is a big deal to add a little TM on the logo.