lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DirectSolrSpellCheckerTest failure
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2010 12:16:00 GMT
Shai, now that I think the test reproducibility issue is resolved, i
need to pressure this test to reproduce your problem.
Can you tell me the IBM JDK version / OS version you used (I will use
IBM JDK, just in case its specific to that one)?

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 7:02 AM, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 6:55 AM, Shai Erera <serera@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hmm .. I previously ran the test w/ IBM's JDK (6) and after seeing your
>> mail, I tried w/ Oracle's (6) -- to my surprise the latter succeeds.
>>
>> What happens in the test that the JDK version can affect?
>>
>
> After testing, It seems to be an issue only with solr tests.
>
> When solr indexes, it seems the order of the fields being indexed is
> not well-defined. Perhaps they are using some iterator with undefined
> order to iterate over the fields.
>
> I didnt mess with this, instead i changed RandomCodecProvider to be
> insensitive to the order of fields being added.
> In other words, say you have "fieldA" and "fieldB".
> If RandomCodecProvider wants to assign "Pulsing" to fieldA, and
> "Standard" to fieldB, this will always happen, regardless of whether
> you add fieldA before fieldB, or vice versa.
>
> Now i get the same codec mapping for solr tests with the same seed,
> across different jvms...
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message