lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Li Li <fancye...@gmail.com>
Subject question about inline function in java
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 08:08:06 GMT
hi all
    we found function call in java will cost much time. e.g replacing
Math.min with a<b?a:b will make it faster. Another example is lessThan
in PriorityQueue when use Collector to gather top K documents. Yes,
use function and subclass make it easy to maintain and extend. in
C/C++, we can use inline fuction to optimize. What about java? I see
many codes in lucene also inline many codes mannully.
   such as implmented hash map in processDocument,
SegmentTermDocs.read  "// manually inlined call to next() for speed".
   Is there any compiler option for inline in java? Or we may hardcode
something for time consuming tasks