lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <>
Subject Re: Rethinking spatial implementation
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 14:06:09 GMT
> Neo4j is using JTS for creating a spatial index (code is here:
> (I've just seen that JTS has some index creation classes, but I'm not at all
> familiar with them)

JTS does not have a spatial index -- it is good for spatial operations
(check if some shape is within/intersects/etc another shape)  In
Neo4j, they use JTS to build an RTree that is stored in their native
graph format:

Building an RTree in lucene is a bit more difficult since we can not
easily update the value of a given field.  I'd like to figure some way
to do this though.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message