lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Earwin Burrfoot <ear...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1040145 - /lucene/dev/branches/branch_3x/lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/store/RAMDirectory.java
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:06:38 GMT
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 07:48, Shai Erera <serera@gmail.com> wrote:
> The break was only in MockRAMDir, and even
> that is because I changed fileMap type from HashMap to Map, which IMO should
> have been defined like that from the beginning.
As a piece of trivia.
I did some benchmarks and declaring fields with the type of a concrete
subclass, rather than interface, proved to be faster.
(On a latest 1.6 Sun JVM)
I guess that's due to JIT's failure to inline method calls on that
field (or additional class checks introduced before the short path).
Ugly :/

Phone: +7 (495) 683-567-4
ICQ: 104465785