lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Li Li <fancye...@gmail.com>
Subject lucene 4.0 release date
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 03:59:58 GMT
hi all,
    When will lucene 4.0 be released?
    I want to replace VInt compression with fast ones such as
PForDelta. In my application, decompressing a docList of 10M will use
about 300ms. In  "Performance of Compressed Inverted List Caching in
Search Engines. With J. Zhang and X.Long. 17th International World
Wide Web Conference (WWW), April 2008." , the author says PForDelta is
much faster than VInt. And I also found a java implementation in
http://code.google.com/p/integer-array-compress-kit/ it's speed is 500
(M int / sec). But to achieve, I have to modify index file format. And
I found http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/FlexibleIndexing  in lucene
4.0, it will support fore flexible index format. I want to know when
it will be released so as to decide whether wait it or doing it
myself. Thank you.