lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jQuery and tabs in example
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 01:39:37 GMT

On Nov 1, 2010, at 12:33 , Erick Erickson wrote:

> All:
>
> I recently had occasion to work with the Solr example code and VrW and figured out how
to put in a tabbed display by letting jQuery do all the work, but that needed a more recent
jQuery (I used 1.4.x). Since I'm fresh off that experience and can maybe remember what I just
finished doing, do folks think it's worth a Jira or two (that I'd immediately take) for
> 1> Upgrading the example code to jQuery 1.4.3

+1

> 2> Using the tabbing capabilities of 1.4 to display the simple, spatial and group
by links in a tabbed page to demonstrate?

I'm not too fond of the the tabbed way to demonstrate these features.  Rather, we could create
separate layouts and/or browse.vm'ish templates for each different example.  Otherwise, we
end up with a cluttered UI that demonstrates everything all at once and is too cluttered to
be fun to show off.  Check out how it looks on trunk with the work Grant has done (good work,
but getting a bit cluttered and needs to streamlining IMO)

	Erik