lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Burton-West, Tom" <tburt...@umich.edu>
Subject Solr 1.4.1 Analysis console gives error regarding CharTermAttributeImpl that is not in the target
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 18:03:56 GMT
Hello all,

I am using Solr 1.4.1 and a custom filter that worked with a previous version of Solr that
used Lucene 2.9.  When I try to use the analysis console I get this error message:

  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: This AttributeSource contains AttributeImpl of type
org.apache.lucene.analysis.tokenattributes.CharTermAttributeImpl that is not in the target
(See below for stack trace that shows this is an interaction of the custom "punctuation filter"
and the Analysis jsp)

I believe this has to do with this JIRA issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2302

I looked at the most recent org.apache.lucene.analysis package document http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/branches/branch_3x/lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/package.html?view=co
 but didn't see a mention of CharTermAttributeImpl

Can someone point me to the documentation or example code that might explain the issue?

Tom Burton-West
Stack trace excerpt:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: This AttributeSource contains AttributeImpl
of type org.apache.lucene.analysis.tokenattributes.CharTermAttributeImpl that is not in the
target
        at org.apache.lucene.util.AttributeSource.copyTo(AttributeSource.java:493)
        at org.apache.jsp.admin.analysis_jsp$1.incrementToken(org.apache.jsp.admin.analysis_jsp:102)
        at org.apache.solr.analysis.PunctuationFilter.incrementToken(PunctuationFilter.java:40)
        at org.apache.jsp.admin.analysis_jsp.getTokens(org.apache.jsp.admin.analysis_jsp:131)
        at org.apache.jsp.admin.analysis_jsp.doAnalyzer(org.apache.jsp.admin.analysis_jsp:110)
        at org.apache.jsp.admin.analysis_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.admin.analysis_jsp:718)