lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Reshma (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Created: (SOLR-2235) java.io.IOException: The specified network name is no longer available
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:57:14 GMT
java.io.IOException: The specified network name is no longer available 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

                 Key: SOLR-2235
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2235
             Project: Solr
          Issue Type: Bug
    Affects Versions: 1.4.1, 1.4, 1.3
            Reporter: Reshma


Using Solr 1.4 hosted with Tomcat 6 on Windows 2003

Search becomes unavailable at times. At the time of failure, solr admin page will be loading.
But when we make search query we are getting the following error

================

HTTP Status 500 - The specified network name is no longer available java.io.IOException: The
specified network name is no longer 
available at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readBytes(Native Method) at java.io.RandomAccessFile.read(Unknown
Source) at 
org.apache.lucene.store.SimpleFSDirectory$SimpleFSIndexInput.readInternal(SimpleFSDirectory.java:132)
at 
org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.refill(BufferedIndexInput.java:157) at 
org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.readByte(BufferedIndexInput.java:38) at org.apache.lucene.store.IndexInput.readVInt
(IndexInput.java:80) at org.apache.lucene.index.TermBuffer.read(TermBuffer.java:64) at 
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum.next(SegmentTermEnum.java:129) at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum.scanTo
(SegmentTermEnum.java:160) at org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.get(TermInfosReader.java:211)
at 
org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.get(TermInfosReader.java:179) at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.docFreq
(SegmentReader.java:975) at org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader.docFreq(DirectoryReader.java:627)
at 
org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexReader.docFreq(SolrIndexReader.java:308) at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.docFreq
(IndexSearcher.java:147) at org.apache.lucene.search.Similarity.idfExplain(Similarity.java:765)
at 
org.apache.lucene.search.TermQuery$TermWeight.<init>(TermQuery.java:46) at org.apache.lucene.search.TermQuery.createWeight
(TermQuery.java:146) at org.apache.lucene.search.Query.weight(Query.java:99) at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.createWeight
(Searcher.java:230) at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:171) at 
org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocListNC(SolrIndexSearcher.java:1044) at 
org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocListC(SolrIndexSearcher.java:940) at 
org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.search(SolrIndexSearcher.java:344) at 
org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent.process(QueryComponent.java:178) at 
org.apache.solr.handler.component.CollapseComponent.process(CollapseComponent.java:118) at

org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:195)
at 
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:131) at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute
(SolrCore.java:1316) at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:336)
at 
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:239) at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at 
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at 
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233) at 
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191) at 
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128) at 
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) at 
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) at 
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process
(Http11AprProcessor.java:857) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process
(Http11AprProtocol.java:565) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1509)
at java.lang.Thread.run
(Unknown Source) 

===========================


The error stops when we restart Tomcat.  We are using a file server to store the actual index
files, which are not on the same machine as Solr/Tomcat. We have checked and confirmed with
the network team that there was no issue. Can some one help us to fix the issue




-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message