lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject Antw.: Solr 1.4.1 Analysis console gives error regarding CharTermAttributeImpl that is not in the target
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 18:49:01 GMT
I still think this is a bug in analysis.jsp. Copyto does not work here correctly because it
tries to copy a ta to cta.seems that analysis.hap does generate the Target attributesource
incorrect.

I will look into this.
---
Uwe Schindler
Generics Policeman
Bremen, Germany

----- Reply message -----
Von: "Burton-West, Tom" <tburtonw@umich.edu>
Datum: Do., Nov. 11, 2010 19:03
Betreff: Solr 1.4.1 Analysis console gives  error regarding CharTermAttributeImpl that is
not in the target
An: "dev@lucene.apache.org" <dev@lucene.apache.org>

Hello all,

I am using Solr 1.4.1 and a custom filter that worked with a previous version of Solr that
used Lucene 2.9.  When I try to use the analysis console I get this error message:

  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: This AttributeSource contains AttributeImpl of type
org.apache.lucene.analysis.tokenattributes.CharTermAttributeImpl that is not in the target
(See below for stack trace that shows this is an interaction of the custom "punctuation filter"
and the Analysis jsp)

I believe this has to do with this JIRA issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2302

I looked at the most recent org.apache.lucene.analysis package document http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/branches/branch_3x/lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/package.html?view=co
 but didn't see a mention of CharTermAttributeImpl

Can someone point me to the documentation or example code that might explain the issue?

Tom Burton-West
Stack trace excerpt:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: This AttributeSource contains AttributeImpl
of type org.apache.lucene.analysis.tokenattributes.CharTermAttributeImpl that is not in the
target
        at org.apache.lucene.util.AttributeSource.copyTo(AttributeSource.java:493)
        at org.apache.jsp.admin.analysis_jsp$1.incrementToken(org.apache.jsp.admin.analysis_jsp:102)
        at org.apache.solr.analysis.PunctuationFilter.incrementToken(PunctuationFilter.java:40)
        at org.apache.jsp.admin.analysis_jsp.getTokens(org.apache.jsp.admin.analysis_jsp:131)
        at org.apache.jsp.admin.analysis_jsp.doAnalyzer(org.apache.jsp.admin.analysis_jsp:110)
        at org.apache.jsp.admin.analysis_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.admin.analysis_jsp:718)