lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Build problems (sorry for the second double-post)
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 20:07:35 GMT
> > Sorry, sent the original to the old dev list. Shows you how long it's
> > been since I originated a mail....
> > It's been several weeks since I built Solr, so I removed all the trunk
> > code, did a checkout and tried an ant build.  The build starts out by
> > giving a bunch of annoying warnings about not being able to find
> > c:\ant\lib\xbean.jar, xerxedImpl.jar, serializer.jar and others (Yes,
> > some of us are forever destined to work on windows boxes).
>
> these might be warnings somehow related to ant's classpath. i think i get
> these... what version of ant by the way?

These warning dont indicate that anything is broken, it happens on ant 1.7.0 and ant 1.7.1,
if you have multiple lib folder in ~/.ant/lib and/or you specified a folder with -lib to command
line. This is an ant bug, not sure where it comes from, but it tries to build a path from
a jar file names from one folder together with the name of other folder and adds it to classpath,
producing incorrect path/file combinations. Javac complains simply about those incorrect entries.
This breaks nothing.

On Lucene's Hudson builds (its FreeBSD) we have exactly the same problem since we have a ~/.ant/lib
on the machine. But it works fine, so need to react on it :-)