lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Speaking of tests
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 22:35:11 GMT

: Anyone know how to print out, at the end of a long run of tests, the
: names of the actual tests that fail to the console?  It's a pain to

I typically use...

	grep -rL 'errors="0" failures="0"' test_output_dir

(where test_output_dir depends on which set of tests failed)

however two recent changes seem to have made this problematic...

1) all of the "temp" files for tetss now seem to live in the
test_output_dir ... i know thta the threading issues made it important to
start splitting up the working dirs for each test, but i'm relaly not sure
while they really need to be in the same dir as the output files .. in any
case adding a "*.xml" was my work arround when that start happening.

2) Solr tests recently started using the "Plain text" formatter by
default instead of the xml formatter.  this seems like a mistake to me,
but i'm not certain.

-Hoss