lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Speaking of tests
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:28:38 GMT

On Oct 14, 2010, at 2:18 PM, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> The JUnit report task will generate a nice HTML version that illustrates with red what
tests failed and you can easily drill into it.   We have that wired into our build, right?

Yeah, I can look at the reports, etc.

> Granted, it'd be nice to see a summary at the end of a JUnit run in the console, but
I don't know of a way to make that happen.

but, I just want a simple print out of the class names, as in:

Tests failed:
FooTest.testFoo
BarTest.testBar

Patches welcome, I suppose!

> 	Erik
>
> On Oct 14, 2010, at 13:58 , Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>
>> Anyone know how to print out, at the end of a long run of tests, the names of the
actual tests that fail to the console?  It's a pain to scroll through all the output to find
the line and grepping through the reports is OK, but it would just be so much easier if it
was summarized right there at the end of the run.

>> Just want something to the effect of the <fail> tag there at the end of the
target to also print the names of the classes that failed.