lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Is this warning expected?
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 14:24:30 GMT
On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 5:18 AM, Shai Erera <serera@gmail.com> wrote:
> I ran SOLR tests today and I've noticed this print appearing several times:
>
>     [junit]
>     [junit] ------------- Standard Error -----------------
>     [junit] 14.okt.2010 12:14:28
> org.apache.solr.common.util.ConcurrentLRUCache finalize
>     [junit] SEVERE: ConcurrentLRUCache was not destroyed prior to
> finalize(), indicates a bug -- POSSIBLE RESOURCE LEAK!!!
>
> Is this expected? Can it be ignored?

I think these are all probably test bugs that don't properly close resources.
When I did a full "ant test" I saw these in DirectUpdateHandlerTest...
*but* when I ran that test alone, I didn't see the warnings.

I'll try and take another look after we get the test logging straitened out.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com