lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Analyzer forcing tokenStream and reusableTokenStream to be final
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:38:50 GMT
On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Trunk has new API why not clean all that stuff up? We already have no more really old
analyzers, as all needed to be upgraded before 3.0. If you did not add reset() it’s a bug
as its clearly documented to be a must?

This is an idea: i haven't thought it all through but it should be
possible in trunk to:
1. document the change in runtime that tokenStream is assumed to be reusable.
2. deprecate or remove reusableTokenStream (it is gone and ignored)

then existing analyzers work with no or little modifications.