lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject SolrInfoMBeanTest
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2010 19:22:16 GMT
Can we disable this test? I don't understand the purpose of it, and it
seems to only cause other tests to fail.

For example:

    [junit] NOTE: all tests run in this JVM:
    [junit] [SolrInfoMBeanTest, TestGroupingSearch]
    [junit] ------------- ---------------- ---------------
    [junit] TEST org.apache.solr.TestGroupingSearch FAILED

i already had to hack this test once to prevent TestReplicationHandler
from always failing:

            // FIXME: Find the static/sysprop/file leakage here.
            // If we call Class.forName(ReplicationHandler) here, its
test will later fail
            // when run inside the same JVM (-Dtests.threadspercpu=0),
so something is wrong.
            if (file.contains("ReplicationHandler"))
              continue;

the test seems really silly, it loads up everything in its classpath
and assertNotNull's against toString-type things, with the description
of "A simple test used to increase code coverage for some standard
things..."