lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: possible to filter the output to commits@ list????
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 19:51:59 GMT
On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:

> I will go take a look at it, but as far as I could tell, I merged at the top level, but
maybe IntelliJ does individual file merges and I wasn't aware of it (I believe I said merge
trunk to branch_3x and then picked which revisions I wanted to apply).  Perhaps we should
put together some examples in Lucene's context that would give Lucene developers a deeper
understanding.

It's not just you... it's any of us in the past who merged singleton
files (I'm pretty sure I did so before I understood this "must merge
from root" mantra).

Hmm but how does this explain how the number of mergeprops has grown
so much recently?  I think recent merges have generally been toplevel?

Mike