lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk - Build # 436 - Failure
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 19:08:45 GMT
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 3:02 PM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:
> It would be nice if compilation warnings were turned off, so that compilation *errors*
would be shown instead of warnings here (compilation output is otherwise useless) ...

Personally I don't think the warnings are useless, they pointed us to
some problems in lucene (such as missing 'break' from a switch
statement).

Its just that someone needs to actually fix the warnings in solr... i
only fixed the ones i was comfortable with myself.

I think this stuff is important and we should fix it, if we aren't
going to fix (most of) the basic warnings from the compiler then we
should go ahead and cancel ideas like
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-143 (integration of PMD) as
Won't fix.