lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 3.0.3 Release Date
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:51:24 GMT
ok, i'm just gonna re-open them all and set fix version: 2.9.4/3.0.3
(except lucene-2328/2273, since you noted they are n/a)

if any of the others aren't relevant / risky / we shouldnt' do them,
we can just close them / discuss on the issues.

i think this will make managing the list of things to do easier.

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 8:32 AM, Michael McCandless
<lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>  (Earwin Burrfoot via Mike McCandless)
>
> The mem leak here is miniscule and it was a big patch so I think we
> shouldn't back port.
>
>> * LUCENE-2365: IndexWriter.newestSegment (used normally for testing)
>>  is fixed to return null if there are no segments.  (Karthick
>>  Sankarachary via Mike McCandless)
>>
>> * LUCENE-2074(just the subtask): Reduce buffer size of lexer back to
>> default on reset.
>>  (Ruben Laguna, Shai Erera via Uwe Schindler)
>>
>> * LUCENE-2496: Don't throw NPE if IndexWriter is opened with CREATE on
>>  a prior (corrupt) index missing its segments_N file.  (Mike
>>  McCandless)
>>
>> * LUCENE-2513: when opening writable IndexReader on a not-current
>>  commit, do not overwrite "future" commits.  (Mike McCandless)
>
> We should backport this one -- admittedly a corner case, but, it can
> remove commits from your index...
>
>> * LUCENE-2533: fix FileSwitchDirectory.listAll to not return dups when
>>  primary & secondary dirs share the same underlying directory.
>>  (Michael McCandless)
>>
>> * LUCENE-2549: Fix TimeLimitingCollector#TimeExceededException to record
>>  the absolute docid.  (Uwe Schindler)
>>
>> * LUCENE-2580: MultiPhraseQuery throws AIOOBE if number of positions
>>  exceeds number of terms at one position (Jayendra Patil via Mike McCandless)
>>
>> * LUCENE-2616: FastVectorHighlighter: out of alignment when the first value is
>>  empty in multiValued field (Koji Sekiguchi)
>>
>> * LUCENE-2272: Fix explain in PayloadNearQuery and also fix scoring
>> issue (Peter Keegan via Grant Ingersoll)
>>
>> * LUCENE-2658: Exceptions while processing term vectors enabled for multiple
>>  fields could lead to invalid ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsExceptions.
>>  (Robert Muir, Mike McCandless)
>
> Looks serious...
>
>> contrib/CHANGES:
>>
>>  * LUCENE-2035: TokenSources.getTokenStream() does not assign
>> positionIncrement.
>>   (Christopher Morris via Mark Miller)
>>
>>  * LUCENE-2055 (doc fix only, recommend to use snowball): Deprecated
>> RussianTokenizer, RussianStemmer, RussianStemFilter,
>>   FrenchStemmer, FrenchStemFilter, DutchStemmer, and DutchStemFilter. For
>>   these Analyzers, SnowballFilter is used instead (for Version > 3.0), as
>>   the previous code did not always implement the Snowball algorithm correctly.
>>   Additionally, for Version > 3.0, the Snowball stopword lists are used by
>>   default.  (Robert Muir, Uwe Schindler, Simon Willnauer)
>>
>>  * LUCENE-2278: FastVectorHighlighter: Highlighted term is out of alignment
>>   in multi-valued NOT_ANALYZED field. (Koji Sekiguchi)
>>
>>  * LUCENE-2284: MatchAllDocsQueryNode toString() created an invalid XML tag.
>>   (Frank Wesemann via Robert Muir)
>>
>>  * LUCENE-2277: QueryNodeImpl threw ConcurrentModificationException on
>>   add(List<QueryNode>). (Frank Wesemann via Robert Muir)
>>
>>  * LUCENE-2184: Fixed bug with handling best fit value when the proper
>> best fit value is
>>                not an indexed field.  Note, this change affects the APIs.
(Grant Ingersoll)