lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: inconsistency/performance trap of empty terms
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2010 16:00:32 GMT
On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Yonik Seeley
<yonik@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
> If it's only for the QP, a simple method that one could override would suffice:
> QueryParser.getTokenStream(String field, String value)
>
> If it's not just for the QP, then we have Analyzer (as you've pointed out).

right, but if we did this, it makes some things tricky (e.g. the user
has to manage reset(Reader)/reset() tokenStream reuse).
A tokenizer/tokenfilter they are using could be "heavy" in terms of
initialization cost.

anyway, i'd like to get rid of Analyzer just as much as anyone, but
making the API difficult/fragile/non-performant isn't a good way