lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shay Banon <kim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 3.0.3 Release Date
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 18:32:38 GMT
For a system that is long running and commits every X time this can prove to
be problematic eventually. And then its a matter of frequency. But, as this
is a recommended design pattern for lucene (commit the IndexWriter to
persist you changes periodically), its quite severe. Seems like the only
solution is to close and open the writer, which is a shame. It looks like
the backport is quite big and more complex, but if not, then a notice on
CHANGES should be made so people will be aware of this behavior?