lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Marco Ciaramella <ciaramellama...@gmail.com>
Subject What is the maximum number of documents that can be indexed ?
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:19:15 GMT
Hi all,
I am working on a performance specification document on a Solr/Lucene-based
application; this document is intended for the final customer. My question
is: what is the maximum number of document I can index assuming 10 or
20kbytes for each document?

I could not find a precise answer to this question, and I tend to consider
that Solr index can be virtually limited only by the JVM, the Operating
System (limits to large file support), or by hardware constraints (mainly
RAM, etc. ... ).

Thanks
Marco