lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1022335 - /lucene/dev/trunk/solr/src/test/org/apache/solr/BaseDistributedSearchTestC ase.java
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 21:42:48 GMT
On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:

> How should we deal with tests where the entire point of hte code being
> tested is dealing with failure to connect?

even disregarding the blackhole thing, this way is just wrong. what if
there happens to be a solr on port 33331?

lucene's contrib/remote had similar code, and when it randomly failed
because i had stuff running on the port it picked like that, i rewrote
that crap.